Friday, November 9, 2012

{Playing Through Autumn Day 30} Books We Love: Books to Be Thankful For

I am absolutely ecstatic about Thanksgiving! I have so many things in my life to be thankful for and each year I get so excited to see family and friends during the holiday season. This year I am particularly excited because the tot is now old enough to start understanding what Thanksgiving is all about. To help prepare her (and myself!) for all the joy that Thanksgiving has to offer, I rounded up some of our favorite Turkey Day reads - books to really be thankful for!

Over the River and Through the Wood
Written by Lydia Maria Child
Illustrated by Christopher Mason

A Plump and Perky Turkey
Written by Teresa Bateman
Illustrated by Jeff Shelly

One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims
Written by B.G. Hennessy
Illustrated by Lynne Cravath

'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving
Written & Illustrated by Dav Pilkey

Thanks for Thanksgiving
Written by Julie Markes
Illustrated by Doris Barrette

Merrily Comes Our Harvest In: Poems for Thanksgiving
Selected by Lee Bennett Hopkins
Illustrated by Ben Shecter

Over the River: A Turkey's Tale
Adapted & Illustrated by Derek Anderson

Clifford's Thanksgiving Visit
Written & Illustrated by Norman Bridwell

No comments:

Post a Comment